White Collar Criminal Prosecutions Multiply
Many people think allegations of “white collar” crimes of fraud and dishonesty only happen in corporate board rooms and tax offices. This often misleading distinction is not so important these days thanks to the wide-ranging number of crimes open to felony prosecution in both state and federal court. You don’t have to work for an Enron or try to steal hundreds of millions of dollars to be vigorously prosecuted for a crafty theft plot.
Nicholas G. Matassini is Board Certified in Criminal Trial Law and passionately defends those accused of all types of white collar crimes, including isolated individuals as well as groups of alleged conspirators. Since 1976, our law practice has handled multiples types of fraud and theft cases involving allegations of:
- Embezzlement: on the job theft and otherwise
- Internet crimes: including identity theft
- Mortgage fraud: involving brokers and lenders
- Credit card fraud: including internet-facilitated crimes involving credit cards
- Health care fraud: targeting individual health care providers, such as doctors as well as institutions, such as hospitals
- Medicaid and Medicare fraud
- Insurance fraud: including such matters as individuals who are engaged in arson for the purpose of filing property insurance damage claims
- Securities fraud
- Tax fraud
- Workers’ compensation fraud
- Money laundering (old school style)
Some of our white collar criminal investigations involve organized crime and racketeering conspiracies while others involve individual employees or volunteers in nonprofit organizations who are accused of abusing privileged access to organizational funds. Every client benefits from a dedicated defense team led by a Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer.
Contact Trusted Lawyers with Decades of Experience
Allegations of fraud and theft should not be taken lightly. Do not make any statements to investigators and contact a lawyer immediately. For a free consultation with a Bord Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer in Florida contact The Matassini Law Firm. Convenient payment plans are available.