Tampa Unsecured Cargo Truck Accident Lawyer
There are few instances on the highway more terrifying than seeing a large pipe fall off the bed of a large flatbed truck, or a box come tumbling out the back of a semi truck, and head right for your windshield. Sadly, thousands of victims could have been spared if the trucking company took proper safety measures, and thereby prevented the collision from happening in the first place. If you are an injured victim of a truck collision, you can seek compensation from the trucking company whether your vehicle made contact with the truck or not. As with many unsecured cargo truck collisions, the victim’s car is hit by falling debris on the roadway, and the truck itself never even stops. This can add a degree of difficulty when it comes to compensation, which is why working with a skilled attorney is so vital. Here at the Matassini Law Firm, our experienced Tampa unsecured cargo truck accident lawyers have been practicing the law for more than 50 combined years. We can help you secure the compensation that you need and deserve.
Causes of Unsecured Cargo Collisions
- The cargo or debris falls directly into your vehicle, causing injury;
- The cargo or debris is kicked up by another vehicle, shooting debris at your vehicle, which causes a collision;
- You run over cargo debris, which causes you to lose control of your vehicle;
- You swerve to avoid cargo that is falling or being tumbled along the roadway, and crash into another vehicle or off the side of the road;
- Improperly loaded or secured cargo causes the truck driver to lose control of the truck, which collides with your vehicle;
- Your vehicle was hit by another passenger vehicle as it attempted to avoid falling cargo.
Causes of Unsecured Cargo
In terms of compensation, it does not really matter how or why the cargo fell off the truck, or otherwise caused your crash. However, these are some of the more common reasons for unsecured cargo becoming a hazard in the first place:
- Cargo personnel rushed the job;
- Truck driver failed to check on the cargo after it was loaded;
- Trucking company used improper, defective, or worn out tie downs or straps;
- Trucking company’s safety protocol was lacking; or
- Trucking company was cutting corners by loading too much cargo on the truck.
Damages in an Unsecured Cargo Trucking Collisions
You can seek compensation from the trucking company for all of the following types of damages resulting from improperly loaded or secured cargo:
- Lost wages and earning ability caused by disability;
- Pain and suffering;
- Medical bills;
- Loss of joy of life;
- Emotional distress;
- Property damage; and
Call Our Tampa Unsecured Cargo Truck Accident Lawyers Today For Help
Receiving fair compensation from a trucking company for your injuries is an uphill battle. Tracking down the truck that littered its cargo across the roadway can be even more difficult, but not impossible. With the help of an attorney, it is possible to be made financially whole once more. To get started on your personal injury claim today, call the Tampa unsecured cargo truck attorneys at the Matassini Law Firm at 813-217-5715 to schedule a free consultation.