Tampa Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Our Florida law firm protects your right to full compensation
When you place your health in the hands of a physician, surgeon, dentist or other provider, you trust that professional to perform at an acceptable standard. Unfortunately, your healthcare provider can cause unexpected and undue harm by violating their duty of care and acting negligently. Although not every bad patient outcome is attributable to medical malpractice, The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. can thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your medical injury and evaluate your case for potential compensation. Since 1976, our Tampa medical malpractice lawyers have helped injured patients recover full and fair compensation.
What can victims recover for medical and surgical errors?
Harm from medical errors can be catastrophic. A delayed diagnosis of heart disease puts a patient at risk of heart attack and stroke. Missing cancer in its early stages allows the disease to metastasize. More shocking still are the most common surgical errors, involving wrong site or wrong side surgery, the wrong procedure and objects left in body cavities, events which surgeons themselves admit should never happen.
If the facts of your case show that a healthcare provider was negligent and caused injury to you or your loved one, you are entitled to compensation for:
- Present and future medical bills related to the negligent injury
- Additional, corrective treatment for the negligent injury
- Present and future lost earnings due to the injury
- Pain and suffering
Of course, substantiating your medical malpractice case requires assistance from experienced and aggressive attorneys. The Matassini Law Firm has extensive experience representing personal injury plaintiffs in a variety of medical malpractice cases. Our knowledge and skill in opposing the interests of defense counsel, insurance company representatives and insurance adjusters are critical to obtaining the compensation you deserve.
Some compelling reasons to seek the help of an attorney
- Hospital executives and claims adjusters are experienced in analyzing and handling malpractice claims and settlement negotiations on behalf of the hospital . You need someone to represent your interest.
- The hospital thinks they know what your claim is worth and will try and influence you to agree to their set value . How can you trust their evaluation? For example, how much compensation is appropriate for a baby who sustains cerebral palsy during a negligent delivery and will have to endure physical limitations for a lifetime?
- The goal of a hospital’s claims adjuster is to pay the least amount possible, not to pay fair value.
- The doctor or hospital hires a team of top notch lawyers who specialize in defending medical malpractice claims.
- Because you are not a lawyer, the defense may spend extra time trying to get the case thrown out on procedural technicalities.
Call our Tampa medical malpractice lawyers today for a free consultation
Make sure you choose your medical malpractice attorney wisely. The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. has a strong reputation for caring, ethical and professional legal services that get positive results. For a free, confidential consultation with one of our Tampa medical malpractice lawyers, call at 813.379.2007 or contact us online.