Tampa Head & Spine Injury Lawyer
Fighting for lifetime compensation for catastrophic injuries
There are certain injuries that truly cry out for justice. When we at The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. encounter a client who has suffered traumatic brain or spinal injuries, we can’t help but become passionately engaged. We tirelessly pursue the full measure of compensation necessary to ensure a lifetime of care. Unfortunately, these are also the kinds of cases that insurance companies most vigorously defend. It’s therefore possible that, without a capable and experienced attorney, a permanently disabled plaintiff might not recover an adequate amount in damages.
If you or a loved one is coping with a catastrophic injury, you’re choice of legal representation can make all the difference in your future. At The Matassini Law Firm, you’ll find skilled Tampa head & spine injury lawyers, capable of negotiating a fair settlement or winning your case at trial before a judge or jury.
Experienced in Florida cases of catastrophic injury
A catastrophic injury is one that permanently deprives a person of an important aspect of his or her physical or mental health. Our attorneys have dealt with cases of:
- Traumatic brain injury — An injury event that destroys brain tissue can permanently impair cognitive ability, memory, personality, motor coordination, speech and other brain functions. TBI can occur upon blunt or concussive force on the skull, penetration of the skull, or severe shaking.
- Spinal cord injury — Trauma to the spinal cord can cause severe bruising or breakage in the nerve fibers, leaving the victim paralyzed below the point of injury. Spinal contusions can clear up over time, so that motion is restored. However, many victims suffer paraplegia or quadriplegia for which there is presently no cure.
- Loss of limb — An injury event that results in amputation of one or more limbs leaves a victim permanently disabled.
- Loss of sight or hearing — An accident that causes a person to lose one of the vital senses is life-altering and is considered catastrophic.
These injuries present legal challenges, because an attorney must accurately assess the injured client’s lifelong needs and set a goal for financial recovery that meets those demands.
What is adequate compensation for permanent, disabling injuries?
No amount of money can ever truly compensate for the permanent loss of physical and/or mental capacity, but a damage award can ensure a lifetime of care and funds to improve a victim’s quality of life. Damage awards for these types of personal injuries generally include amounts to compensate for:
- Lifelong medical expenses related to the injury
- Rehabilitation costs
- Costs of remodeling a home to accommodate physical limitations
- Estimated loss of lifetime earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life
Get help from experienced Tampa head & spine injury lawyers
Catastrophic injury cases require extremely capable, experienced legal representation. Our seasoned trial lawyers have the skills and are dedicated to pursuing justice for severely injured clients. Call The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. at 813-217-5715 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.