Seasoned team of former prosecutors practice in federal and state, civil and criminal courts
Established in Tampa in 1976, The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. takes pride in being a hometown law practice delivering world-class advocacy in personal injury and criminal defense. If you’ve suffered an injury or have been arrested, our experienced and dedicated legal team is ready to assist. Clients who choose The Matassini Law Firm get the full benefit of:
- An established firm with a history of successful results
- Our excellent reputation among clients and peers
- Our accessible, concerned lawyers with a robust and committed support staff
- Our deep roots in Tampa, extensive community ties and outreach to all of central Florida
Our stellar reputation rests on our friendly, attentive service to clients, our ethical, straightforward approach to case management and successful outcomes at trial or in settlement talks. Nearly 95 percent of our clients come from recommendations of former clients, people from the community, doctors, and attorneys. Contact our experienced Tampa car accident lawyers today, we can help.
What To Do After a Car Accident
Many people think that common sense dictates what is to be done after an auto accident. Maybe so, but our common sense can desert us under stress. It is a good idea to keep this simple checklist in your car with your other important papers (registration, etc.).
- Get help for anyone injured.
- Call the police if someone is injured or killed, if a vehicle can’t be moved, or if the accident involved a hit‑and‑run driver.
- Move your car, if possible, to avoid blocking traffic and to protect it from further loss or damage. But be careful—many people are injured at accident scenes each year by other drivers who are not paying attention.
- Get the other driver’s name, address, telephone number, license plate number, driver’s license number, and insurance information. Give the other driver the same information.
- Record the insurance company name and the policy number exactly as they appear on the other driver’s proof‑of‑insurance card. Similar company names can cause confusion.
- Don’t sign anything except a ticket, citation, or report issued by the police.
- Notify your insurance company promptly. It will want the names and addresses of witnesses and injured persons.
- Never sign any document that gives up a legal right.
- Contact us to find out about your right to recover for your injuries.
If you have been in an accident and have questions about whether you need a lawyer or whether you have a right to monetary damages, call us. Decisions that must be made after an accident are very important. We can advise you and, if appropriate, deal with the insurance company or other parties on your behalf.
Here’s what our Tampa law firm can do for you
The experienced legal team at the Matassini Law Firm is ready to:
- Evaluate any bodily injury claim to determine the amount of money to which you are entitled.
- Help you with the property damage portion of your claim.
- Resolve complex issues and negotiate an overall settlement.
- Deal with your doctors, obtain your medical records, reports, and billing statements, and notify medical care providers as to who to bill.
- Have an investigator interview witnesses, take statements, and photograph the accident scene and your vehicle.
- File a lawsuit, if necessary.
- Ensure you obtain the relief you deserve!
Do I always need a lawyer, even for a case of “no-doubt” liability?
Liability (or blame/responsibility for the accident) is one of the most difficult elements you must prove to claim compensation, but it’s not the only factor in your recovery. Even if there’s no doubt which driver is at fault, as in cases of rear-end collisions, and most left-turn accidents, you still must prove:
- The accident caused your injuries —In many cases, accident victims get so pumped up with adrenaline that they don’t realize they’re hurt. They neglect to seek immediate medical assistance after an accident, then find themselves suffering unbearably a day or two later. This can create doubt as to whether it was the accident or some intervening event that caused the injuries. We explain what to do after an auto accident.
- The extent of your injuries —Whether your accident involves an 18-wheeler, passenger car or a motorcycle, the at-fault driver’s insurance company will always try to settle for the least amount possible, and will argue that your injuries are not as severe as you claim. An experienced injury attorney knows from past cases what the true value of your claim might be, and can send a strong signal that you will settle for nothing less.
So even when liability is not an issue, if for example, the motorist who struck you was texting while driving, you still need professional legal representation to recover full and fair compensation.
- Distracted Driving
- Car Accident
- Car Accident Concussion
- Car Accident Neck Injury
- Car Accident FAQ
- Car Wreck
- Distracted Driving
- Dump Truck Accident
- Fatal Car Accident
- Fatal Truck Accident
- Garbage Truck Accident
- Head-On Collision
- Highway Accident
- Hit & Run Accident
- Jackknife Truck Accident
- Limo Accident
- Lyft Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Overloaded Truck Accident
- Rear End Car Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Red Light Accident
- Rollover Accident
- School Bus Accident
- Semi-Truck Accident
- Sideswipe Accident
- T-Bone Accident
- Tanker Truck Accident
- Taxi Accident
- Tractor Trailer Accident
- Traffic Collision
- Truck Accident
- Uber Accident
- Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accident
- Unsecured Cargo Truck Accident
- 18 Wheeler Accident
More than 50 years of legal experience in personal injury and auto accidents
In personal injury cases, The Matassini Law Firm advances all litigation costs on behalf of our clients. Unlike some law firms that look to settle auto accident cases quickly due to financial pressures, our Tampa car accident lawyers have the resources to litigate all the way to verdict, regardless of the size or capacity of opposing counsel. The Matassini Law Firm’s principal lawyers, Nick M. Matassini and Nicholas G. Matassini, are AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating given for professional skill and ethics. In criminal defense, lead attorney Nicholas G. Matassini is board certified by the Florida Bar.
Our small family-run firm gets ample support from a team of trained paralegals and legal assistants who keep pace with the latest developments in technology, research, regulations, court decisions and important legal precedents. We have a roster of renowned expert witnesses, which we constantly update, so your case benefits from credible testimony on difficult issues.Learn More