Tampa Auto Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one has been hurt in an auto accident that was caused by another driver, you can file a personal injury claim. A personal injury claim allows you to seek compensation for the damages sustained. This includes medical expenses, lost wages from time off work due to injuries, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. The Tampa auto accident lawyers at The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. can help you get the best possible outcome after an auto accident.
- Distracted Driving
- Car Accident
- Dump Truck Accident
- Fatal Truck Accident
- Garbage Truck Accident
- Hit & Run Accident
- Jackknife Truck Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Overloaded Truck Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Tanker Truck Accident
- Truck Accident
- Uber & Lyft Rideshare Accident
- Unsecured Cargo Truck Accident
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
After an auto accident it can be difficult to recall what happened in the moments leading up to the crash. You know you were following the rules of the road, but what was the other driver doing? The following are common causes of auto accidents. A skilled Tampa attorney will help investigate your crash and prove that the other party was at-fault for your injuries.
- Distracted driving—Distracted driving is frequently associated with texting behind the wheel. However, anything that takes a driver’s mind off the task of driving, hands off of the wheel, or eyes off of the road is considered a distraction and can lead to a collision. Some drivers will readily admit they were using their phone or otherwise distracted, but many will initially deny that they are at fault for an accident to avoid liability.
- Drowsy driving—When a driver is fatigued, their reaction time to what is happening on the road decreases. Worse, if they close their eyes for even a moment they could drift into oncoming traffic or rear-end another vehicle in front of them.
- Aggressive driving—When a driver becomes impatient and tailgates or cuts another driver off in traffic, they can cause a collision. Other witnesses after the crash may be able to point to aggressive driving being the cause of your crash.
- Speeding—When a driver is speeding, they cannot slow or stop in the same amount of time as if they were driving the speed limit, making crashes more likely to occur. When speeding is involved in a crash the forces are greater which often leads to more severe injuries and property damage. Crash investigations completed by the police can give an indication of whether speeding was the cause of a collision.
- Intoxicated driving—With Uber, Lyft, and taxis readily available there is no reason a person should get behind the wheel when intoxicated. Alcohol impairs a person’s cognition and vision in ways that make them more likely to cause a traffic crash.
What Steps to Take After a Traffic Collision
If you have not been taken away from the crash scene in an ambulance, there are a few steps you can take immediately to help your case. First call 911 and report the accident so that the police can do a proper investigation. Ask witnesses to stick around to give their account to the police or ask for their contact information. Take photos of the crash scene and swap insurance information with the other drivers involved in the collision. It is important you seek medical attention for any injuries you suspect as soon as possible. Once home, it is time to speak to a qualified Tampa personal injury attorney who can help you with your case.
Contact The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. Today
The skilled Tampa auto accident attorneys at Matassini Law Firm can assist you after a traffic collision. As you focus your attention on healing from injuries, we will handle your personal injury claim and fight to make sure you receive the best compensation possible from the liable driver’s insurance company. To schedule a free consultation, contact our offices at 813-217-5715 today.