Tampa Highway Accident Lawyer
The I-275, I-4 and the Veteran’s Expressway are just a few of the highways in and around Tampa, and they are very important roadways. They help people get to work in a timely manner, and they also allow trucks to carry goods into the city that the people in Tampa use every day. Unfortunately, highway accidents are not uncommon and when they occur, victims sustain catastrophic injuries. In the worst cases, accident victims do not survive these horrific crashes. If you or someone you love has been hurt, our Tampa highway accident lawyer can help you claim the financial compensation you need to make a full recovery.
Our Tampa Highway Accident Attorney Knows the Common Causes of These Collisions
Highway accidents occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Sudden stops: Ideally, drivers would never stop while they are still on the highway, but sometimes it is necessary. Construction, crashes involving other vehicles, and congestion all sometimes cause traffic to come to a halt on the highway and often, these stops happen quite suddenly. When that happens, vehicles quickly approaching stopped cars may not have enough time to come to a full stop.
- Improper lane changes: Drivers change lanes on the highway to pass slower-moving vehicles or to merge on and off the highway. When these lane changes are not made properly, it can result in a crash that leads to catastrophic injuries.
- Speeding: Speeding is always a dangerous behavior but when it happens on the highway, when vehicles are already traveling at high speeds, it can be deadly.
- Wrong way accidents: Wrong way accidents on the highway occur when someone takes the wrong exit and ends up traveling in the opposite direction of other vehicles on the highway. This can result in head-on highway accidents, which are some of the most dangerous.
The above accidents typically occur as a result of another person’s negligence. When that is the case, accident victims or their loved ones can file a claim against the liable party to recover financial compensation.
Our Tampa Highway Accident Attorney Can Help with Your Injuries
Highway accidents typically occur at very high speeds, and the force of the impact can cause the most severe injuries. The most common injuries after a highway accident are as follows:
- Head and neck injuries: Head and neck injuries are some of the most common injuries seen after highway accidents. These injuries range in severity from minor concussions to severe brain trauma.
- Broken bones: The force of a highway accident is often too much for the bones to withstand and so, they fracture and break.
- Back and spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries, including paraplegia and quadriplegia, are some of the most catastrophic injuries a person could sustain, and they are often seen after a highway accident.
- Burns: Burns are very painful and they are often caused by exploding gas tanks at the accident scene. Burns can also result in permanent scarring and disfigurement, causing accident victims a lifetime of embarrassment.
A Tampa highway accident attorney can help you claim damages to offset the financial burden the above injuries place upon you.
Call Our Tampa Highway Accident Attorney for a Free Consultation
If you have been hurt in a crash on the highway, our Tampa highway accident attorney at The Matassini Law Firm, P.A., is here to help with your case. Call us today at 813-217-5715 or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation so we can get started on your case.