Tampa 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving 18 wheelers often result in catastrophic injury and wrongful death. It is easy to assume that these collisions are just like car accidents on the road, but they are very different. 18 wheeler accidents are much more serious, due to the immense size and weight of these vehicles. Determining liability after a crash with an 18 wheeler is also much more challenging. If you or someone you love has been hurt, our Tampa 18 wheeler accident lawyer is here to help.
How a Tampa 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Can Determine the Cause of the Crash
18 wheeler accidents are caused by many different factors. The most common of these include:
- Drunk driving: Impaired driving is extremely reckless behavior, but truckers often engage in it because they believe it will help them stay awake. In reality, all it does is contribute to the high number of 18 wheeler accidents on the road.
- Drowsy driving: Federal law limits the amount of time a trucker can be on the road at one time. Unfortunately, not all truckers or trucking companies abide by these laws, resulting in drowsy truckers behind the wheel of 18 wheelers.
- Speeding: 18 wheelers take much longer to slow down and come to a full stop than other vehicles. When they speed, this is much more difficult to do and trucks often end up crashing into the back of other vehicles.
- Improper training or hiring practices: Trucking companies are also highly regulated and must ensure they are only hiring experienced and competent drivers. These companies often want to take shortcuts though, and that includes not conducting a full background check on all new drivers.
- Defective equipment: All equipment on an 18 wheeler is essential to ensure the truck functions normally. When that equipment, such as brakes and tires, is defective, it can result in disaster on the roads.
Sadly, the above are just a few of the most common causes of 18 wheeler accidents in Tampa, and it is not always easy to determine the cause right away. A lawyer will use many resources, such as accident reconstruction experts, to determine what caused the crash, and who to hold liable.
A Tampa 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Can Determine Liability
After a crash involving two smaller vehicles, it is usually one of the drivers that is at fault. While the trucker or driver can certainly be at fault for an 18 wheeler accident, other parties that are not even at the scene may also be to blame. These parties include:
- The truck owner
- The trucking company
- The shipping company
- Highway designers
- Loading companies
A lawyer can advise on how any of the above parties contributed to your accident, and hold them liable for paying damages.
Call Our Tampa 18 Wheeler Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a crash, our Tampa 18 wheeler accident attorney at The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. can provide the sound legal advice you need, and help you recover the full compensation you deserve. Call us today at 813-217-5715 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.