Joseph G. Alvarez
I am a civil trial attorney at a well-known law firm in the Tampa Bay Area. I practice in the areas of personal injury, trucking and motorcycle accidents, massage parlor sex abuse, traumatic brain injury, wrongful death, insurance carrier bad faith, premises liability, medical malpractice, and negligent security claims.
Prior to college I always dreamt of serving my country as an officer in the military. Tragically, a serious car accident in 2006 would preclude me from ever attaining that dream. As fate would have it, my life-altering accident would become a blessing in disguise. I had always viewed a career in law as an opportunity to advocate on behalf of those who could not otherwise find justice for themselves.
I graduated from USF with a Bachelor’s in Political Science and a focus on law. While at USF, I was very active on campus serving as an Associate Justice on the USF Supreme Court and as a member of Sigma Alpha Epsilon and Phi Alpha Delta Pre-Law fraternity.
I matriculated from Stetson University College of Law and was awarded the distinguished Pro Bono Service Award for my efforts in advocating on behalf of clients. Throughout my 2nd and 3rd years of law school, I worked as a clerk for The Matassini Law Firm where I gained invaluable experience in both the criminal defense and personal injury sectors.
Since graduation, I joined The Matassini Law Firm as an attorney where I now dedicate my focus to the diligent and zealous representation of those seeking justice in their personal injury needs. I recognize the traumatic and chaotic experience of a serious auto accident and can empathize with my clients, as I understand what it is like to be in such a life-altering situation.
In 2018 and 2019, I was nominated by Super Lawyers Magazine as a Rising Star in the area of Personal Injury Litigation. The Rising Stars list recognizes no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in each state who are under 40 years of age or practicing for 10 years or less. I take great pride in advocating for injured people or their loved ones against insurance companies or corporate giants.
I consider myself an avid outdoorsman and a devout conservationist. In my free time I enjoy hunting, biking, fishing, and sports.
Areas of practice
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Premises Liability
- Auto Negligence
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars (2018, 2019 and 2020)
Admitted to practice
- Florida, 2013
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- University of South Florida, B.S., Political Science, 2010
- Stetson University College of Law, 2013
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Justice Association
- Lifetime Member Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Women sue former Franklin Manor co-owner over alleged sexual assault, exploitation – Read More
- Three women sue former Franklin Manor owner for alleged sexual assault – Read More
- Former cheerleader Ali Roberts sues Southeastern University in Lakeland for negligence, says she didn’t receive proper care after suffering concussions – Read More
- Sexual assault allegations against Massage Envy reach down into Florida – Read More
- Lawsuit is filed in Amalie Arena attack blamed on man who served 46 years for rape – Read More
To speak to Joseph Alvarez about your legal issue, call The Matassini Law Firm at 813-879-6227 or contact us online.