Tampa Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer
As the spouse, parent, or child of a fatal truck collision, you deserve answers. More than that, you deserve compensation to help the healing process, and to help provide some sense of justice. No amount of money will ever heal the pain of losing a loved one in a senseless truck collision, but compensation can help ensure that medical bills are paid, lost wages are covered, and mortgage payments stay on time. With over 75 years of legal experience, the Tampa fatal truck accident lawyers at The Matassini Law Firm have the ability to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your loved one’s tragic death.
Damages in a Fatal Truck Collision
As a survivor of your deceased loved one, Florida grants you the ability to seek compensation on behalf of your loved one’s estate. Depending on the relationship you have with the victim, you may be able to seek the following types of damages:
- Medical bills;
- Pain and suffering that your loved one endured;
- Lost lifetime earnings;
- Your own loss of joy of life;
- Loss of consortium, or companionship;
- Property damage;
- Funeral and bureau expenses; and
As with any traffic collision, you must be able to establish fault in order to be compensated. In order to do that, we work with police, expert witnesses, eye witnesses, and others to re-create the crash and find out what truly happened. Do not expect the truck driver or trucking company to take responsibility and admit their faults. In fact, the driver, trucking company, an insurance carrier will almost certainly do everything in their power to deny fault, place blame on your loved one, and reduce the value of your claim. As sad and horrible as it sounds, insurance adjusters have one single job to do—protect themselves and their clients by denying blame and liability.
Common Causes of Fatal Truck Collisions
Truck crashes usually happen in one of six ways: distracted driving, aggressive driving, drunk driving, drowsy or fatigued driving, improperly loaded cargo, or defective parts. Common causes of fatal truck collisions include the following:
- Truck driver fell asleep at the wheel;
- Truck driver failed to check their mirrors before turning, changing lanes, or merging onto the highway;
- The truck suffered a tire blowout due to defective or overly worn tires, and the driver lost control;
- The truck driver was distracted and rear-ended a slowing or stopped vehicle;
- Truck driver was speeding and lost control of the vehicle;
- Truck driver was drunk or high, and caused a head-on collision; and
- The truck was improperly loaded, and debris or cargo fell off, resulting in a crash.
Call Our Tampa Fatal Truck Accident Lawyers Today For Help
There is never a good time to file a wrongful death claim. In the months after the fatality, loved ones are too devastated to take on such a huge legal task. But if years pass, so too does the statute of limitations, and seeking compensation becomes impossible. As such, an attorney is invaluable in this difficult, sensitive matter. Let us take this burden off your shoulders. Call the Tampa fatal truck accident attorneys at the Matassini Law Firm today at 813-217-5715 to schedule a free consultation.