Compassionate Legal Guidance After a Birth Injury in Tampa
Concerned, capable trial lawyers fight for your child’s full compensation
The birth of your child should be a cause for celebration, but when a doctor’ error during delivery injures your child, it becomes a time of great anxiety. How badly hurt is your baby? Is the harm permanent? What does this mean for your child’s quality of life? At The Matassini Law Firm, P.A., we help parents get answers and full compensation for the harm done to their children. Since 1976, our firm has assisted injured Floridians, earning a reputation for compassionate and effective assistance. With more than 60 years of combined legal practice, our attorneys have the experience, knowledge and skill to deliver favorable results in negotiations and at trial.
Understanding birth injuries caused by healthcare provider error
Labor and delivery have inherent risks for mother and child, and not every bad outcome justifies a malpractice claim. Our firm thoroughly investigates the circumstances surrounding your child’s injury to ascertain where the delivery team or the hospital violated medical standards. Common birth injuries linked to malpractice include:
- Anoxia — Complete lack of oxygen, may cause brain damage
- Cerebral palsy — Muscle stiffness causing diminished strength and jerky movement
- Bone fractures — The baby’s collarbone is especially vulnerable to breaking during rough delivery
- Brachial plexus injury (Erb’s palsy) — Bruising or tearing of the cluster of nerves that governs arm movement
- Hypoxia — Lack of adequate oxygen, may lead to brain damage
Thorough investigation of medical errors during delivery
Our injury attorneys examine hospital records, interview witnesses and consult qualified experts in delivery protocols to uncover any and all evidence of medical negligence, including:
- Failure to treat the mother for preeclampsia
- Allowing prolonged labor before ordering a C-section
- Misusing a vacuum extractor
- Allowing the baby to be asphyxiated
- Failure to diagnose an infant’s infection, such as meningitis
If a healthcare provider committed an error that harmed your baby, The Matassini Law Firm is determined to prove negligence and obtain the maximum possible compensation.
Contact our Tampa law office to discuss your baby’s birth injury today
Every child deserves to start life free from harm. If your child is suffering because of negligence during delivery, The Matassini Law Firm, P.A. is prepared to help. Call us today at 813.379.2007 or contact us online to schedule a free initial confidential conference.