Nicholas G. Matassini
Email: Nicholas G. Matassini | Phone: 813-879-6227
Nicholas, a Tampa native, is a Board Certified Specialist in Criminal Trial Law. Board certified lawyers have met the Florida Bar’s highest standards for special knowledge, skills, and proficiency in the various areas of criminal trial law. To achieve such a distinction Nicholas’ experience and competency were rigorously evaluated by the Florida Bar Board Certification Committee. There are fewer than 400 Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyers in the entire state of Florida out of approximately 90,000 lawyers.
Nicholas served his community as a Prosecutor with the Office of the State Attorney, 13th Judicial Circuit, in Hillsborough County, where he tried numerous Felony and Misdemeanor jury trials. In 2005, Nicholas joined his father's law practice where he now dedicates his attention to the representation of the accused in Federal and State Courts in addition to helping victims of personal injury and wrongful death seek justice.
Nicholas is married to Christina, also a partner with the firm. They have two children and live in South Tampa.
Areas of practice
- 2011 Hillsborough County Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Outstanding Commitment to Continuing Legal Education
- 2012 Board Certification in Criminal Trial Law
Admitted to practice
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2003
- University of South Florida, B.A., History, 1999
- Jesuit High School, 1994