Christina Pappas Matassini
Email: Christina Pappas
Partner & Former prosecutor
Christina attended the University of Florida for her undergraduate and law school studies. During her last year at the University of Florida Levin College of Law, she began her career in criminal law as a Certified Legal Intern with the Hillsborough County State Attorney’s Office and interned with several Circuit and Federal Judges. Christina graduated law school and moved to Tampa where she began her legal career as a Prosecutor with the Office of the State Attorney, 13th Judicial Circuit, in Hillsborough County. During her time as a prosecutor, Christina tried numerous Felony, Misdemeanor and Juvenile cases. Christina transitioned into the civil sector of the law where she expanded her legal experience to include representing insurance policyholders across the State of Florida in lawsuits against their insurers. She has also represented national mortgage banks in foreclosures.
In 2008, Christina joined The Matassini Law Firm where she specializes in criminal defense, plaintiff’s personal injury and wrongful death. Christina’s experience as a Prosecutor helped her gain perspective of the criminal justice system and how the government establishes its cases.
Christina is married to Nicholas G. Matassini, also a partner with the firm. They have two children and live in South Tampa.
Areas of practice
- State & Federal Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- First Party Insurance Claims
Admitted to practice
- Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Frederic G. Levin College of Law, University of Florida, Juris Doctor, 2003
- University of Florida, B.S., Business Administration, Economics, high honors 2001
- University of Florida, B.A., Classical Studies, highest honors, 2001
- The Florida Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar
- Volusia County Bar
- Tampa Bay Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Justice Association
- American Association for Justice
- L’Unione Italiana
- Saint John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church
- Junior League of Tampa
To speak to Christina Pappas Matassini about your legal issue, call The Matassini Law Firm at 813-879-6227 or contact us online.